Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Switchover issues with 2 physical standby databases (10gR2 RHEL 6)
Switchover issues with 2 physical standby databases [message #286523] Fri, 07 December 2007 21:18 Go to next message
mlgoins

We have a Primary and 2 physical standby databases. Occasionally, a switchover fails and Data Broker reports that it cannot accept any more requests. The workaround has been to drop the Data Broker .dat files on all 3 databases and recreate the configuration on the Primary. Seen anything like that and some idea what causes it? I suspect RMAN interference, or perhaps issues with Data Broker (dg_broker_start=TRUE) on all 3 databases. I'll have to get back to you on the exact error code, seems it's ORA-16534 or something like that.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 December 2007 17:14] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Switchover issues with 2 physical standby databases [message #286603 is a reply to message #286523] Sat, 08 December 2007 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Where you taking rman backups primary side or standby?

i guess its not a problem with (dg_broker_start=TRUE) because without this parameter you can't configure databroker.

Did you register both standby with dtaguard??
Re: Switchover issues with 2 physical standby databases [message #290380 is a reply to message #286603] Fri, 28 December 2007 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mlgoins

RMAN is configured on all 3 servers. Both standby databases are registered in Data Broker (we use the Command Line Interface (CLI), not the Data Manager GUI (like OEM).

This issue is low priority, because there is a workaround.

What I am currently working on is building the Standby using RMAN (ref: chapter 8 of the RMAN handbook). We managed to get around the "blocked" listener (occurs when the standby is in NOMOUNT mode) by adding a static entry in the listener.ora file. However, RMAN now complains that it can't file a backup or copy of data file 1, 2, 3.

I'll be looking for solutions to that issue in the RMAN forum Smile

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Mike
Re: Switchover issues with 2 physical standby databases [message #290388 is a reply to message #290380] Fri, 28 December 2007 12:12 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
Thanks Mike for Feed Back!!
Happy New Year!!!
Previous Topic: Primary/Logical/Physical
Next Topic: Data Guard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:03:29 CDT 2024