Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » How to define stopwords and stoplist
How to define stopwords and stoplist [message #237048] Fri, 11 May 2007 13:27 Go to next message
inapal
Hi All,

I'm using Oracle 9i release 2.

Based on documentation, there are stoplists for different languages.
We already have english stoplist working and we want to include spanish stoplist also.

How can I do it?

Thanks in advance,
Ignacio.
Re: How to define stopwords and stoplist [message #237089 is a reply to message #237048] Fri, 11 May 2007 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
I believe the default stoplist is only created for the primary language of your database. You can create an additional stoplist using ctx_ddl.create_stoplist. You can add stopwords to a stoplist using ctx_ddl.add_stopword. You can copy and paste the stopwords from the list in the documentation.
Re: How to define stopwords and stoplist [message #237815 is a reply to message #237089] Tue, 15 May 2007 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inapal
I'm reading at documentation:

"...Oracle Text provides default stoplists for most languages including English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, and Danish. These default stoplists contain only stopwords..."

but, I don't find how to change default stoplist!

(visit http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/text.920/a96518/cdatadic.htm#42833)

Thanks again,
Ignacio
Re: How to define stopwords and stoplist [message #237823 is a reply to message #237815] Tue, 15 May 2007 16:16 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
Do you want to replace the default stoplist or add a spanish stoplist? What version of Oracle are you using? The default stoplist is created when the database is created, by running the appropriate sql scripts in the ctx/admin/default subdirectory of your Oracle home directory. If you want to add a stoplist, you can copy and paste the code from the appropriate sql file, modify it to change the name from default_stoplist to something else, like spanish_stoplist, so that it does not overwrite the existing stoplist, then run that file while logged in as ctxsys. In Oracle 10g, the file is <oracle_home>/ctx/admin/defaults/drdefe.sql for the spanish stoplist. In Oracle 9i, there is <oracle_home>/ctx/admin/defaults/drdefesa.sql for latin american spanish stoplist and <oracle_home>/ctx/admin/defaults/drdefe.sql for mexican spanish stoplist. Please let me know if you have any difficulties finding, modifying, or running the files.
Previous Topic: Problems in using Contains clause
Next Topic: oracle intermedia
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:06:06 CDT 2024