Home » Non-English Forums » Spanish » Translate data from English to Spanish and other languages
Translate data from English to Spanish and other languages [message #197477] Wed, 11 October 2006 06:58 Go to next message
gkodakalla
Hi,
May i know whether it is possible to translate data in oracle from english to other languages,like spanish,etc.

I have data in my tables. While sending data to end user, if the user chooses spanish output, i should be able to send spanish translated output.
May i know if this is feasible.

Thanks in advance.

Giridhar Kodakalla
Re: Translate data from English to Spanish and other languages [message #197485 is a reply to message #197477] Wed, 11 October 2006 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Use the dbms_translate.translate(from_lang, to_lang, text_to_translate);

If you show us your table creation script and some example records (insert-statements) we can see how your data is structured. That would give us an opportunity to answer this in a more serious way.
Re: Translate data from English to Spanish and other languages [message #197519 is a reply to message #197477] Wed, 11 October 2006 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gkodakalla
Thanks for your reply.
I wanted to know if there is any feature in oracle which can translate the data from english to other languages. It was a general doubt.
I posted another question today with all the details about the table,insert statements and i got the answer in few minutes.

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/70743/0/

As this is general question, i did not provide any create/insert statements.

Thanks,
Giridhar
Re: Translate data from English to Spanish and other languages [message #197530 is a reply to message #197519] Wed, 11 October 2006 11:43 Go to previous message
Frank
You seriously did not expect an Oracle database to be a translation machine, did you?
I thought you had some sort of i18n in your table-structure, that is why I asked for it.
Previous Topic: Permisos
Next Topic: Oracle 9 on Itanium Montecito
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:56:15 CDT 2024