Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Streams Paused for Flow Control
Streams Paused for Flow Control [message #169304] Wed, 26 April 2006 03:21
wickaph
Hello,

I have configured streams in Oracle10g using Windows machine. The connection between the two machines where each database resides is okay. However, the changes in my source database is not being reflected in the destination database.

When I query v$streams_capture, the state returned is "PAUSED FOR FLOW CONTROL". I have found out that this can happen when the process is unable to enqueue LCRs either because of low memory or because propagations and Apply processes are consuming messages slower than the Capture process is creating them. This state indicates flow control that is used to reduce spilling of captured LCRs when propagation or apply has fallen behind. This potentially can happen when there is huge transactional activity on the source database tables.

The state has not changed for 2 days. Transactions are only being done during the day. During night time, both the databases are not being accessed.

Please help. I can't find any documentation or helpful hints on how I can resolve this issue.

Thanks
Previous Topic: Change data capture and alter table add columns
Next Topic: ORA-604 During dropping a Propagation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:09:00 CDT 2024