Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Getting an error while doing a search using intermedia
Getting an error while doing a search using intermedia [message #161265] Thu, 02 March 2006 22:39 Go to next message
srinuvir
Hi all ,

I am new to this form.
There is a problem for me when i try to search a string from a text indexed column.

The query is

SELECT t0.JDO_ID, t0.JDO_CLASS, t0.BAD_NAMES, t0.CONCAT_NAME,
t0.DDATE, t0.FIRST_NAME, t0.LAST_NAME, t0.MAX_SCN, t0.NAME, t0.NATURALID,t0.PARTYID, t0.PHONE, t0.ROLE FROM PARTY_VBO t0 WHERE t0.ROLE LIKE '%ICR%'
AND CONTAINS(t0.NAME, '%.Sunanda%') > 0 AND ROWNUM <= 25 ORDER BY t0.PARTYID ASC

Error :

ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart() routine
ORA-20000: Oracle Text error:
DRG-51030: wildcard query expansion resulted in too many terms

i tried to run the similar query in my local environment . it is working fine. but in the live environment it is giving a problem.
one of the oracle consultant reported that , we should not use the wild card '%' in the contains clause. If that is the case , how it is running in the local environment.

Any one can throw some light on this matter.
if possible send any links that tells the limitations of oracle text indexes.

we are using oracle 9i .
Re: Getting an error while doing a search using intermedia [message #161294 is a reply to message #161265] Fri, 03 March 2006 02:16 Go to previous message
Maaher
I believe it is the number of matches that causes the difference in the two environments. Looking at MetaLink, it appears that some special characters cause wildcards to be misinterpreted. Have you tried it without the dot (.) in the search string? I'd also look at a multi-column text index (combination of role and name).

I'll get back to you if I find more info.

MHE
Previous Topic: ora-29855(urgent)
Next Topic: ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P005
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:22:31 CDT 2024