Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » identify the discoverer user logged in
identify the discoverer user logged in [message #152267] Thu, 22 December 2005 01:21 Go to next message
amankhan
Hi Guys,

I am using web based to log in to discoverer as a oracle applications user. there is a report in one responsibility related to PO. My question is, can i catch the user who is logged in (his username or user ID) to be printed on the report.

or

I created a report which can see the details of the requisition (req ID, line number, Requestor, Approver, Requestor Dept, PO Number, etc). My report should display only the requisitions created by the user who is logged in who will be the requestor here in this case. I cant pass requestor as the parameter. It should automatically take the user logged in as requestor and display only his requisitions on to the output.

Help Appreciated.
Thanks
Re: identify the discoverer user logged in [message #153005 is a reply to message #152267] Wed, 28 December 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Hi Amankhan,

There is a standard Discoverer function 'user' which contains the user account name. But as far as I recall, with Apps that only contains the "overall" username.
So, you should use the apps function "fnd_user", register this in your EUL and create an item to collect the result.
(unfortunately, I don't have access to an apps environment now, so I can't look up the exact name of the function, but I'm pretty sure it's in the FND part of apps).

Regards,
Sabine

PS once you have the username in an item, you can easily add a condition on "created by" = that item, to find the requisitions created by that user.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 December 2005 06:03]

Report message to a moderator

icon14.gif  Re: identify the discoverer user logged in [message #153045 is a reply to message #153005] Wed, 28 December 2005 12:01 Go to previous message
infocaptor
you can use the fnd_global.user_id to get the apps user_id.

Check the complete details here at

http://www.infocaptor.com/articles/sql.html

regards
http://www.infocaptor.com <--bahut acha tool
Previous Topic: How can u show a report in scheduled reports in discoverer ...
Next Topic: how oracle discoverer save work book in database?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 20:11:39 CDT 2024