Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Setting Dates as a Parameter
Setting Dates as a Parameter [message #151816] Mon, 19 December 2005 06:14 Go to next message
orahugo
Hello,

Is there a simple way of lists dates as a parameter? Then a user can select the date from the list.

If so, is there a way of making the default value the current date of the date the user is using it?

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Setting Dates as a Parameter [message #152641 is a reply to message #151816] Sun, 25 December 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirishay
can u be more clear with your problem.what version of reports are u using?

siri.
Re: Setting Dates as a Parameter [message #153203 is a reply to message #151816] Fri, 30 December 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anil_apps

Hi
u can use the defalut values to parameters,
go to properties of parameter u can create lov or default value.
or else use validation trigger
Re: Setting Dates as a Parameter [message #153308 is a reply to message #152641] Sat, 31 December 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
sirishay wrote on Mon, 26 December 2005 06:47

can u be more clear with your problem.what version of reports are u using?

siri.

anil_apps wrote on Fri, 30 December 2005 07:03

Hi
u can use the defalut values to parameters,
go to properties of parameter u can create lov or default value.
or else use validation trigger

Who is this "u" guy? Read this thread.

@OP: usually, this kind of things are dealt with in the calling environment. Will you be invoking the report on its own?

MHE
Re: Setting Dates as a Parameter [message #153597 is a reply to message #153308] Tue, 03 January 2006 05:07 Go to previous message
orahugo
Thanks for your replies.

Firstly, I'm using 6i.

Anyway, the report is meant to run a check on our accounts. So basically we want to run it every day. There is one parameter (a drop down list) allowing you to choose the dates.

Therefore I'd like the date of the drop down list to display the date of the day being displayed by default.

I.e. if I was to run the report today, it'd say 3rd Jan, 2006.

However, I want the functionality to be able to run the report for days in the past, or days in the future.

Any ideas? Or will I have to hard code it?

I've done this sort of thing before where we select a week number, and the select statement for the parameter selects the week numbers from a table. I appreciate I could do the same for the dates, selecting the dates from the table with the accounts in, but I'd rather have a list of all the dates, not just the dates used in the table.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2006 05:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Report not showing next page
Next Topic: help needed with discoverer for PO requisition report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 20:06:36 CDT 2024