Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Looping in OWB 10g
icon4.gif  Looping in OWB 10g [message #143951] Mon, 24 October 2005 06:46 Go to next message
neelima.maduri
I would like to know whether I can use any Looping structures in my OWB 10g mappings? If so, how?
I want to use a recursive for loop which compares a given code (can be of varying length from 3-5) to the existing codes in a table and return True/False if matched.
For this, I have to check the substring of the code which contains first 2 letters...return true if found.
If not found, the substring of first 3 letters is to be searched for a match and so on.
Can I get the way out to implement this logic through a mapping in OWB?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Looping in OWB 10g [message #157899 is a reply to message #143951] Tue, 07 February 2006 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amits76
Hi neelima,

I have faced a similar combination of checks,and i have done that through using CASE Statement.

for eg in my case i have to chk if the 7th,8th,9th combination is either ('JAN','FEB' and so on)...

if its jan i want 3rd and 4th character , if its "FEB'then i want 5th and 6th charecter and so forth.

CASE WORKS FINE.

Hope this helps.

Amit

Re: Looping in OWB 10g [message #159129 is a reply to message #143951] Thu, 16 February 2006 05:41 Go to previous message
jayadesh
HELLO GUYS,
WAT AMIT IS TOLD IS CORRECT.
U CANT USE A LOOP STRUCTURE IN OWB.
U CAN TAKE A EXPRESSION TRANSFORMATION AND FOR THAT PARTICULAR COLUMN U CAN WRITE DECODE FUNCTION OR CAN GO FOR CASE EXPRESSION.
THANKS
Previous Topic: problem in ETL with large data
Next Topic: Work flow of warehouse buider
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:06:06 CDT 2024