Home » Server Options » Replication » what configurations IN PRIMARY SERVER to do before using a separate niC FOR RELICATION
what configurations IN PRIMARY SERVER to do before using a separate niC FOR RELICATION [message #135530] Thu, 01 September 2005 00:48 Go to next message
lallmanish
HI

I HAVE GOT A CONCERN.
I HAVE REPLICATED MY DATABASE VERSION 10.1.0.3 AND WANT TO ESTABLISH IT AT A REMOTE SITE WITH A SEPARATE LEASED LINE
AND THE SECOND NIC AT THE PRIMARY SERVER.
I WOULD LIKE TO YOU WHAT CONFIGURATIONS HAS TO BE MADE
IN THE PRIMARY SERVER FOR ESTABLISH THIS REPLICATION ON A SEPARATE LEASED LINE AND USING THE SECOND NIC.

WAITING FOR AN EARLY REPLY

THANKS
MANISH
Re: what configurations IN PRIMARY SERVER to do before using a separate niC FOR RELICATION [message #135851 is a reply to message #135530] Sat, 03 September 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Change your LISTENER.ORA to also listen for connections on the new IP address (on the new NIC).

After that, change the TNSNAMES.ORA file on the remote system to communicate across the new IP Address.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: what configurations IN PRIMARY SERVER to do before using a separate niC FOR RELICATION [message #135866 is a reply to message #135851] Sat, 03 September 2005 07:17 Go to previous message
lallmanish
thanks fraud
i have got one more thing to ask if u plzz

i am facing some problem in getting the statspack report.
as i try to enter the second snap id - the screen vanishes
automatically.
pllzz help me-- the same is happening now with addmrpt.sql
also
manish
manish@mhd.co.om
Previous Topic: Replication between 4 nodes
Next Topic: Errors encountered refreshing a single materialized view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:40:06 CDT 2024