Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Migrating report 6i and 9i to 10G Pleeeeaaase help it is urgent
Migrating report 6i and 9i to 10G Pleeeeaaase help it is urgent [message #131611] Mon, 08 August 2005 11:09 Go to next message
makaman
Hi All,

This is the first time I will be migrating the reports from report 6i to 10g. I have oracle reports 6i, Do I need to install any software, patches if I need to migrate to reports 10g.

Is there any prerequisite?

any setup needs to be done? any variable setup.

Can I install report 10g, if I have report 6i already on that machine?

Is it just you need to open reports into 10G and recompile them?.

Does anybody had any problems with the obselete objects. like buttons,graphics etc.

Also, I have to migrate reports 9i to 10g (for different project) what do I need to do?

Please help it is urgent.

TX in Advance
KK
Re: Migrating report 6i and 9i to 10G Pleeeeaaase help it is urgent [message #131893 is a reply to message #131611] Wed, 10 August 2005 00:10 Go to previous message
m_ashtiani
Hi, i have little experience im migration, however i can tell you that reports recompile but do not generate "rep" files anymore. you can re-save the layout in "rdf" "jsp" "xml" or others and call them from the form. report server will takeover your call and generates another webpage with your report

the forms/reports must run from oracle app-server or local oc4j instance along with forms. so its not client server network enabled anymore

prepare for the setup learning curve. the actuall compiling is not much
Previous Topic: Discoverer Privileges - where in the DB?
Next Topic: formula column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 01:03:16 CDT 2024