Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Error configuring portal
Error configuring portal [message #77418] Wed, 12 February 2003 01:54 Go to next message
Alessandro Giupponi
Hi all,

I've a problem running Portal Configuration Assistant, I can't pass step 2, I've entered the right SYS password, the right connection string in HOSTNAME:PORT:SID mod, but there always the same error: "The Oracle 9i Portal Configuration Assistant could not connect to the specified database."

The database is correctly running, the password is right, the connection string is right, what about the error?

Thanks in advance,
Alex
Re: Error configuring portal [message #77423 is a reply to message #77418] Wed, 19 March 2003 08:18 Go to previous message
Mike Bronowicki
I'm having the same problem. From what I've managed to gather, the database needs to be 'primed' for use through a portal. I think it needs to have a portal schema setup (which I haven't figured out how to do), with an appropriate user for logging in. If your trying to use the database for educational purposes, you might want to just use the IASDB(metadata repository) for experiments which is what I've resorted to.
Previous Topic: Please help, thanks.
Next Topic: Error in calling portal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:49:11 CDT 2024