Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » file_datastore(indexing pdfs)
file_datastore(indexing pdfs) [message #75945] Mon, 06 May 2002 05:56 Go to next message
vineet ahuja
Dear All,
I ahve a starnge problem .Any help will be greatfull!
I have set up the following:-

begin
ctx_ddl.create_preference('COMMON_DIR','FILE_DATASTORE');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('COMMON_DIR','PATH','c:');
end;

create table mytable(id number primary key, docs varchar2(2000));
insert into mytable values(111555,'1.pdf');
insert into mytable values(111556,'2.pdf');
commit;

---Now when I try to create index by executing the below lines:---

create index myindex on mytable(docs)
indextype is ctxsys.context
parameters ('datastore COMMON_DIR');

---->I get a message box saying:--->
ctxhx.exe-Application Error

The instruction at "0x0044a325" referenced memory at "0xd321d868".The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the application
Click on CANCEL to debug the appalication.

This is a strange error and i couldnt find anyone in the mailing list havin a similar error.
I am able to successfully index the table text but why not the files on my system??
Kindly help me!!

--Vineet Ahuja
ABB
R U Vineet Ahuja I am looking 4??? [message #75998 is a reply to message #75945] Mon, 18 November 2002 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajay Antony Mampilly
Dear friend;
I am looking for a very dear friend of mine
whos name also happens to be Vineet Ahuja.

R U the Vineet Ahuja who studied / lived in Tibri Cantt
some years back???

If so, my name is Ajay Antony Mampilly. Remember me???

Pls respond immediately

Rgds

Ajay
Re: R U Vineet Ahuja I am looking 4??? [message #76015 is a reply to message #75998] Tue, 14 January 2003 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vineet ahuja
No Ajay I am not that ur looking for.
icon9.gif  Re: file_datastore(indexing pdfs) [message #119854 is a reply to message #75945] Mon, 16 May 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vasso
I think that you must try with *.txt files.
I you don't have problem try with *.pdf file and BLob Column and no varchar2.
Sorry, i'm not sure.
Re: file_datastore(indexing pdfs) [message #121089 is a reply to message #75945] Thu, 26 May 2005 00:31 Go to previous message
rhardman
There are a number of ways to resolve this, but here's what I found to be the easiest...

For files on your server, use BFILE for your column datatype. Create a directory (database directory) pointing to your file location. On insert use BFILENAME() including the directory name and file name (including your pdf).

Now just create your index using the basic lexer...no need for the file_datastore (COMMON_DIR) preference. Like I said...there are a number of ways to resolve this. This is just the method that I prefer.

If this still fails, specify your filter explicitly. Oracle changed filters (was INSO_FILTER) recently. In the off-chance that the filter is the problem (not very likely mind you as I'm indexing pdf's on 10gR2 beta without a problem using the new filter) then post back here.

-Ron
Previous Topic: ctxcat indexing problems
Next Topic: Greek themes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:42:05 CDT 2024