Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Single or multiple queues for Steams
Single or multiple queues for Steams [message #75720] Fri, 09 July 2004 06:21 Go to next message
Ian Wakley
I want to replicate around 200 tables from one Oracle database to another. Some tables will be full replicas, some only inserts and updates will be replicated and some only inserts will be replicated. The tables vary from a few rows to 500,000,000 rows and transaction rates on the source database are high. How do I decide how many streams to use? Should I just use one queue for all changes (with multiple capture LCR prepare servers and apply servers to get some parallelism) or should I split the tables over multiple streams to improve throughput?

Both databases are Oracle 9.2 on AIX.

Re: Single or multiple queues for Steams [message #75725 is a reply to message #75720] Mon, 26 July 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harish Shanbhag
u can restrict ur DML statements using rules.
just study Oracle streams documentation-rules.
Re: Single or multiple queues for Steams [message #111228 is a reply to message #75720] Mon, 14 March 2005 18:28 Go to previous message
youssef77
we use two streams for some automative factory database .... one is configured for those tables needed to be replicated in seconds and the other for other tables that can be replicated within minutes.
The disadvantage of this that you may need to disable some constrains on the destination database
Previous Topic: Delete Handler
Next Topic: Capture aborting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:53:10 CDT 2024