Home » Applications » PeopleSoft, JD Edwards & Siebel » Replication of PeopleSoft Database
Replication of PeopleSoft Database [message #75193] Wed, 12 June 2002 06:18 Go to next message
brianscottnole
Hello friends. I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I've been tasked with recreating a chunk of a PeopleSoft instance for a data warehouse application. Originally, we decided to use the Replication toolset in order to accomplish this.

Unfortunately, it turns out, PeopleSoft does not use Oracle based constraints (?!??!?!!). Actually I'm told that some PS implementation use unique keys, but no primary keys (the exports provided to me have no constraints whatsoever).

In any case, this puts our plans to use Replication in jeapordy. The database is 8.16 and our attempts to use rowid based replication has caused several crashes in our development environment.

Has anyone out there successfully implemented Oracle Replication against a database being used as a PeopleSoft back end? If so, I'd love to get any information possible on how implemented.

Thanks a lot.
brian
Re: Replication of PeopleSoft Database [message #75468 is a reply to message #75193] Thu, 19 February 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ap
Hi Brian,
I'm facing the same issue: PeopleSoft database replication for a DWH environment.
The requirement is to replicate the entire database for DWH. For this purpose there are two "simple" solutions:
1.Use HW solution for replicate the master database (i.e. Business Copy.
2.Use Oracle replication solution (i.e. Oracle Streams if you are in Oracle 9iR2).
Pls let me know what you think. I'm really interested to your opition.
tx 4 your attention
Ale
Re: Replication of PeopleSoft Database [message #75470 is a reply to message #75468] Thu, 19 February 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brianscottnole
Hi Ale -

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to come up to speed on Oracle streams. We eventually were able to convince our client to implement primary key constraints against their database and went with Oracle replication.

I hope this helps.
brian
Re: Replication of PeopleSoft Database [message #186877 is a reply to message #75193] Thu, 10 August 2006 00:33 Go to previous message
elinkmas1
Urgently required! Malaysia, Singapore & Japan

1. Baan Programmer/Analyst (3-4 Years of Exp ) 2 Positions

2. Oracle CRM Technical Consultants (3-4 Years or Exp ) 4 Positions

3. LINUX,SUN UNIX,Unix Support -Unix Developer Engineers (3-5 Years or Exp ) 8 Position s

4. SAP-ABAP Consultant for a permanent positions (3-4 Years of Exp ) 2 Positions

5. Functional Consultant PeopleSoft v 8.6 or Above (3-4 Years of Exp ) 2 Positions

6. PeopleSoft 8 or above Professionals, Finance,HRMS,Consultant and Technicals (2- 5Years of Exp ) 15 Positions an urgently needed

PeopleSoft HRMS Technical

PeopleSoft HRMS Functional

PeopleSoft Finance Functional

We invite qualified personnel to email in your detailed resume and photo,
stating current & expected salary to: elinkmas@gmail.com
Previous Topic: 9i RAC and Peoplesoft Performance
Next Topic: Needed People Soft SQR Programmer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:26:31 CDT 2024