Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form 10g Run using local host (Oracle 10G, Windows 2012R2)
Form 10g Run using local host [message #677915] Tue, 22 October 2019 04:43 Go to next message
hissam78
Dear All,
Somebody can help me about the configuration of ORacle db 10G to run forms local host 127.0.0.1.

Thankful

Re: Form 10g Run using local host [message #677954 is a reply to message #677915] Fri, 25 October 2019 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What exactly do you mean? Do you want to run forms from Forms Builder, or do you have IAS on your mind?

If former:

DEFAULT.ENV file: add path to your forms and libraries into FORMSxx_PATH; that path shouldn't contain any spaces

FORMSWEB.CFG: use NCS (Named Configuration Section) and create your own configuration which is used when you're calling forms

REGISTRY:
- check NLS settings
- set path to directory with your reports (otherwise they won't be able to read logos and stuff)
- set FORMS_PATH to the same value as in DEFAULT.ENV (for Forms 10, maybe you don't even have to do that in DEFAULT.ENV; test it)

FORMS BUILDER:
- Edit - Preferences - Runtime: reset application server URL to default; should be set to localhost.
- if you created your own configuration and want to use it, add it to the end of that URL, e.g. http://localhost:8889/forms90/f90servlet?config=hissam
- choose web browser location - pick Internet Explorer

NET SETTINGS: if you don't have TNSADMIN system variable, copy database's LISTENER.ORA, SQLNET.ORA, TNSNAMES.ORA into Developer's directories that contain those files

If latter:

I have never installed IAS, but - from what I've heard, that's not a simple task. You'll have to read a lot of documentation and sweat a lot before you make it work. Perhaps someone else (of forum members) can assist; I can not.
Re: Form 10g Run using local host [message #677990 is a reply to message #677954] Tue, 29 October 2019 04:58 Go to previous message
hissam78
Thanks a lot Dear Little foot, i am grateful to you for your kind support. hope i will be able to setup all settings as you guide me.

thankful
Previous Topic: when window activate
Next Topic: Default_where
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:44:49 CDT 2024