Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Cascaded LOV auto populates the field (APEX 5.1)
Cascaded LOV auto populates the field [message #677042] Sun, 11 August 2019 03:42 Go to next message
Janning

I have 2 LOV. The first, Vendor the second is Site. One Vendor can have many Sites. The Site is cascaded from the Vendor (vendor id is the cascading LOV parent column for Site)
This all works fine. I pick a vendor, I have an lov to select its sites. The issue is as soon as a vendor is chosen, site is populated. This is ok, IF there is only one site.
However, if a vendor has many sites, I pick a vendor and it auto populates the site....how would you know there could be other site options unless you click on the site field exposing the LOV?
This could be confusing and I'd like to know a solution to this?
Re: Cascaded LOV auto populates the field [message #677044 is a reply to message #677042] Sun, 11 August 2019 14:22 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Set the second LoV's "Display Null Value" property to "Yes". It'll - once you select the vendor - display empty site (i.e. it won't automatically be populated) so you'll always have to pick it manually.

Yes, it means that you'll lose current functionality which is OK when there's only one site for the selected vendor.

Perhaps it can be fixed by some JavaScript code (that's a blind shot; I don't know JavaScript).

Previous Topic: ORDS ON tomcat
Next Topic: Link to BI Dashboard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:53:45 CDT 2024