Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Text items on stacked canvas shown on top of canvas... (Forms 12.2.1.3, Windows Server 2016 - 64 bits)
Text items on stacked canvas shown on top of canvas... [message #673925] Tue, 18 December 2018 04:27 Go to next message
GabeM
Hello -

I have a form that was upgraded from version 6i on Windows Server 2003 - 32 bits to version 12c on Windows Server 2016 - 64 bits.

It seems that text items residing on a stacked canvas are placed on top of the rest and hence hiding what is below at runtime.
The offending text items belong to one block and the items that "can not be seen" belong to another block, but both items groups belong to the same stacked canvas.
Take a look at the attached image of stacked canvas at runtime.
I have changed the x and y positions of one offending text item in the canvas in order to show that it covers other items.

My question is how I can place the offending items below the ones I am interested in seeing at runtime.

Any tips/suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Regards
GabeM
Re: Text items on stacked canvas shown on top of canvas... [message #673937 is a reply to message #673925] Tue, 18 December 2018 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Are you familiar with bring to front and sent to back in the arrange menu in forms developer? Can you play with those?

Also, did you just open these 6i forms in 12c developer or did you run though the migration assistant?

[Updated on: Tue, 18 December 2018 08:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Text items on stacked canvas shown on top of canvas... [message #673948 is a reply to message #673937] Tue, 18 December 2018 23:54 Go to previous message
GabeM
Hi there,

Yes I have played whit bring to front and sent to back, but I see no change.
The form was opened and compiled in 12c developer.
I run the migration assistant as well, but it did not find any issues.

I think I may have found a possible solution though.
I have created a new stacked canvas and I placed the offending items on it.
The rest of the items remain in other stacked canvas.
It looks promising now, but I have to keep testing.
Previous Topic: Oracle 11G Forms Freezes ocassionaly and Oracle 11G Application Freezing (3 threads merged by bb)
Next Topic: how to implement oracle forms for a customer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:27:02 CDT 2024