Home » RDBMS Server » Security » synonym how get info on how user has access to it (Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0)
synonym how get info on how user has access to it [message #669483] Tue, 24 April 2018 14:20 Go to next message
wtolentino
there is a synonym called CHIPS_MUNI and is based on a view called lps.muni_chips. this CHIPS_MUNI is used on forms application. basically all the user has access to the synonym CHIPS_MUNI.

i want to find out how does a user for example PREA has access to the synonym CHIPS_MUNI. since the all_ views are only limited and i can only use it for what i have access to, i can't see what PREA has. and since i do not have a dba data dictionary access i also cannot see what PREA has. now i asked for our database administrator help and they can't see how does PREA has access to the CHIPS_MUNI synonym. i think maybe they missed some data dictionary.

what dba data dictionary or if you have a query that uses dba dictionary and i can request it to be run by our dba. to get the info on how PREA has access to the synonym CHIPS_MUNI (grants, privileges, objects ...). that will be helpful.

thanks so much.
Re: synonym how get info on how user has access to it [message #669484 is a reply to message #669483] Tue, 24 April 2018 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>since the all_ views are only limited and i can only use it for what i have access to,
Which schema is "yours"?

post SQL & results that show how you obtain access to LPS.MUNI_CHIPS

select object_owner, object_type from all_objects where object_name = 'CHIPS_MUNI';

POST results from SQL above.

>i think maybe they missed some data dictionary.
Why does the problem lies with somebody else & not you.
Re: synonym how get info on how user has access to it [message #669485 is a reply to message #669483] Wed, 25 April 2018 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

There are no specific privileges on synonyms.
A user can "access" a synonym if he/she can access the base object (which may be far away in case of synonym of synonym of synonym of synonym...).

There are no views that sees that outside the account you want to know the privileges (it would be something like ALL_ALL_SYNONYMS).

Re: synonym how get info on how user has access to it [message #669513 is a reply to message #669483] Thu, 26 April 2018 13:45 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Any feedback?

Previous Topic: What encryption algorithm Oracle 12
Next Topic: How to setup Password rotation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:04:27 CDT 2024