Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Populate Collections to show a column's values into Column headings in Oracle APEX tabular form/IG (Oracle APEX 5.1, Oracle DB 12.1)
Populate Collections to show a column's values into Column headings in Oracle APEX tabular form/IG [message #666401] Thu, 02 November 2017 11:02 Go to next message
srinuvaasreddy@gmail.com
Hi all,

1. I have a requirement to create a new Interactive grid/tabular form. In Oracle db, I have a table A with a column A_ID and I have another table B with columns B_ID, B_NAME. By joining these 2 tables, I can bring B_NAME. I came up with 10 records on B_NAME and I want to show the B_NAME column values as column heading in Oracle APEX 5.1 Tabular form/IG. For this, I have to use collections.
2. I have a different table C with C_ID, and C_VALUES. By joining B & C tables, I come up to certain C_VALUES to each B_NAME. For each B_NAME value, I brought certain C_VALUES. Now, I want to use collections to convert B table B_NAME values into columns as COLUMN HEADINGS and For each B_NAME column heading in APEX, I want to show the list of values (as select list) under each field. The entire form needs to be build dynamically and I want to use a couple or more collections to achieve this. I am pretty new to Oracle APEX and I do not have any idea how to achieve this entire thing. Please share your thoughts on this.
Re: Populate Collections to show a column's values into Column headings in Oracle APEX tabular form/IG [message #666402 is a reply to message #666401] Thu, 02 November 2017 11:06 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
Welcome to this forum

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:
OraFAQ Forum Guide
How to use {code} tags and make your code easier to read
Previous Topic: Sending link to APEX page in an email
Next Topic: Table reference used in apex application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:04:00 CDT 2024