Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » dbms_session (Oracle 10g, forms 11g, reports 11g)
dbms_session [message #638989] Mon, 29 June 2015 02:47 Go to next message
itech

hi,
i am trying to use : dbms_session.set_identifier to manually save a unique identification of application user. i was wondering if this a reliable source to store a value that will be persistent with that users session? or it gets wiped out after some time ? or session expires if the user is idle ? or is subject to be overwritten due to any configuration?

what alternatives are available ?

i can also provide more detail for what purpose i am using it. just for hint, i'm getting that value in reports 11g parameter list of values to filter the LOV from user passed parameter (as bind variables are not allowed in LOV at parameter form)
Re: dbms_session [message #638994 is a reply to message #638989] Mon, 29 June 2015 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

It is persistent until the session ends or you change it.

Re: dbms_session [message #638995 is a reply to message #638994] Mon, 29 June 2015 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itech

if i call a report (11g) via show_document method, and before calling (or at before paramform trigger) if i set the dbms_session.set_identifier to save a certain value and then get it in the Parameters LOV Where clause by : sys_context('userenv', 'client_identifier') will it be same, ? and when if users press the submitt button to run the report will it be same in the after param form trigger too ?

i mean , does reports share same session or have different session of their own ?

if they have their own session then a session value set in before param form trigger would be available in after param form trigger all the time ? or there is a chance of missing it ? (as in my case it fails some times and hits most of times.)
Re: dbms_session [message #638996 is a reply to message #638995] Mon, 29 June 2015 05:33 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

I don't know, the question is misplaced, I moved it to Reports forum.

Previous Topic: Unable to remove junk characters in Reports
Next Topic: Report Builder has stopped working.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:36:18 CDT 2024