Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Oracle Advaned Security TDE Configuration Set Up Question (11gR2)
Oracle Advaned Security TDE Configuration Set Up Question [message #638333] Tue, 09 June 2015 11:18 Go to next message
Slipstream
Hello All,

I am in the process of adding Oracle TDE to one of our test databases for tablespace encryption. The database is a 2 node RAC'ed environment. I have gone through the process of updating sqlnet.ora to point to the wallet and created the master key. Unfortunately I was not able put the wallet on shared mount point ACFS or otherwise. I also configured auto login for the wallet on node1 by using the orapki tool. This operation generated a file named cwallet.sso file. My question is do I need to copy that file to node2...or do I use the orapki tool on node 2 to create autologin cwallet.sso file? Thank you in advance.

OB
Re: Oracle Advaned Security TDE Configuration Set Up Question [message #638334 is a reply to message #638333] Tue, 09 June 2015 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You'll need to copy the wallet, and keep the copy synchronized after any changes. It is a bit awkward.
Re: Oracle Advaned Security TDE Configuration Set Up Question [message #638335 is a reply to message #638334] Tue, 09 June 2015 11:37 Go to previous message
Slipstream
Thanks for the response. Upon restarting my instance I issued the a query on node1 and subsequently on node 2. I am thinking I need to copy it as issuing the following query
SELECT status FROM v$encryption_wallet;
returned the following from node1 - > OPEN | node2 -> CLOSED. I think I answered my own question. Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 09 June 2015 11:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Oracle Virtual Private Database
Next Topic: How to prohibit execute select for upate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:26:36 CDT 2024