Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » 12c creating user from Sql Dev client machine
12c creating user from Sql Dev client machine [message #620411] Fri, 01 August 2014 01:41 Go to next message
oragami
Hi.

I connect fine to my server via a client machine in Sql Dev. In fact i have played around creating a local user by either executing sql as follows
or right clicking and creating a user under 'Other Users'. I connect as system btw...

my sql syntax:
CREATE USER name
IDENTIFIED BY name
DEFAULT TABLESPACE users
TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp
QUOTA 50M /* or any other number that makes sense */ ON users

GRANT CONNECT, CREATE SESSION, RESOURCE, CREATE VIEW TO name;

yes I have altered session first and set container = toMyPDBname...

I few problems I am facing though are as follows:

a.)
Although I connect as system in SQL Dev into a dbase I created say db1,
I want to just create local users to create tables in db1 dbase.

How can i do this?

b.)
I don't want users when I create them and when they establish a connection in their SQL Dev, to see
every sys or recycled table out there.

Is this possible?

c.)
Can users when they create a connection in Sql Dev, enter a username, not as system, as a client using SQL Dev?

d.)
Can I see, as sort of an admin, and where I connect as system, views of user tables for the users I created?

Seems 12c is a bit more of a learning curve then prior versions when it comes to creating users now with container logic.

Thanks much-- have spent soooo much time on this!!

[Updated on: Fri, 01 August 2014 01:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 12c creating user from Sql Dev client machine [message #620415 is a reply to message #620411] Fri, 01 August 2014 02:41 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

First remove CONNECT and RESOURCE roles from your user and you will avoid many problems. If it needs some privileges then create a specific role for your users and grant them directly to it but NEVER uses Oracle specific roles unless Oracle itself tells you to do so.

For 12c specific aspects I let John answer to them but most of what you asked does not change from the previous versions, this is the case for your questions b, c, and d.

Previous Topic: DISPLAY not set when invoke dbca
Next Topic: Disk group used by database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:58:11 CDT 2024