Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Apex installation problem (Oracle APEX 4.0 , DB:11.2.0.1.0, OS: Windows 7 Professional 32 bit)
Apex installation problem [message #611601] Fri, 04 April 2014 05:46 Go to next message
buggleboy007
Hi there - I am trying to run the "apexins.sql" to install APEX and getting bogged down with an error called : component 'G_12c' must be declared. The error message is as follows:
SP2-0310: unable to open file "coreins.sql"
not spooling currently

if wwv_flow_global.g_12c then

ERROR at line 4:
ORA-06550: line 4, column 24:
PLS-00302: component 'G_12C' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 4, column 5:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

I extracted the APEX folder(which I downloaded off Oracle site) in c:\temp and running it as follows:

SQL> @c:\temp\apex\apexins.sql APEX APEX TEMP /i/

Please note that the file- coreins.sql is present in the APEX folder. I also googled and looked into OTN site for any assistance with my kind of issue, but had no luck there.

Product details : Oracle APEX 4.0 , DB:11.2.0.1.0, OS: Windows 7 Professional 32 bit

Can any one of you help me to resolve this error.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 April 2014 05:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Apex installation problem [message #611615 is a reply to message #611601] Fri, 04 April 2014 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Try to set current directory to
cd c:\temp\apex
first. Then connect to the database through SQL*Plus, and run something like
@apexins SYSAUX SYSAUX TEMP /i/
(i.e. don't use the whole path to APEXINS.SQL - let it reside in the current directory).

As your attempt shows
apexins.sql APEX APEX TEMP /i/
where parameters are tablespace_apex, tablespace_files, tablespace_temp respectively, did you precreate APEX tablespace?
Re: Apex installation problem [message #611641 is a reply to message #611615] Sat, 05 April 2014 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
Hi Littlefoot,

You asked: did you precreate APEX tablespace?

Answer: Yes, I created a APEX tablespace by following the link posted on : http://www.clartechsolutions.com/en/instalando-oracle-apex-4-2

I tried the solution that you gave too and am constantly getting bogged down with an error that says:

The procedure entry point longjmp could not be located in the dynamic link library orauts.dll

I will show you how I am getting this error:

Step 1: I invoke DOS prompt

cmd

Step 2: The DOS prompt window populates and then navigate to the folder where the APEX files are and that is:

c:\> cd temp/apex   
      c:\TEMP\APEX

Step 3: Connecting to SQL*PLUS

c:\TEMP\APEX>sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.4.2 - Production on Sat Apr 5 16:02:14 2014

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.
SQL>

Once I get into this area, the problem begins and that is:

SQL> connect sys as sysdba
Enter password:

Once I enter the password, I get the error
The procedure entry point longjmp could not be located in the dynamic link library orauts.dll

To mitigate this error, I opened SQL DEVELOPER tool and then ran the script by initially creating a table space(as mentioned in the link above), and then explicitly mentioning the path and then running the apexins.sql script with the required arguments.

Yet no luck.

Can any one help me out please???

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Apex installation problem [message #611642 is a reply to message #611641] Sat, 05 April 2014 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I think you have confused your Oracle homes. Your SQL*Plus client is release 10.1, but you say you are installing into an 11.2 database. I do not think you can connect using IPC, which is what you are trying to do.
Try setting up your environment to connect to the 11.2 home, and run SQL*Plus from there.
Re: Apex installation problem [message #611643 is a reply to message #611641] Sat, 05 April 2014 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
When creating this topic, you stated that database version you use is 11.2.0.1.0. SQL*Plus information you posted says Release 10.1.0.4.2. Which database is it, really?

Is the database installed on your own PC? If so, do you have any other Oracle product installed on your computer? For example, you do have 11.2.0.1.0 database and 10.1.0.4.2 client (I don't know whether it exists, I'm just making an example). If so, try to invoke 11.2 SQL*Plus (instead of 10.1). How? When CMD window opens, specify the whole path to 11.2 SQLPLUS.EXE. For example:
c:\TEMP\APEX>c:\oracle\product\11.2\bin\sqlplus /nolog

Alternatively, set ORACLE_HOME to 11.2 version, such as
C:\TEMP\APEX>set ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle\product\11.2\db_1
C:\TEMP\APEX\>sqlplus /nolog

[EDIT] Ah! Didn't notice John's answer posted while I was composing mine.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 April 2014 09:37]

Re: Apex installation problem [message #611644 is a reply to message #611642] Sat, 05 April 2014 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
John and Littlefoot - A good catch about the versions. When I login via command prompt and go to SQL*Plus, I see the version as:

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.4.2 - Production on Sat Apr 5 21:25:57 2014

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

When I open SQL Plus directly via Oracle OraDB11g_home1, I get the version as:
SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Sat Apr 5 21:26:03 2014

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Enter user-name:

As far as I know,I have Oracle11g as database and Forms/Reports 10g (yes, 10g and not 11g) as front end tool. I don't know how this 10g thinge has sneaked in.

Anyways I will work on the solution given and then see how it goes. Thanks again for all your help.
Re: Apex installation problem [message #611645 is a reply to message #611643] Sat, 05 April 2014 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
Thanks Littlefoot and John - You both are just great! Your solutions worked, but then I am unable to launch APEX now Smile. I believe while running script for Embedded PL/SQL Gateway, I ran into issues(though the script did finally say it was successful and besides other scripts including the anonymous block was successful too) and that may be the reason why I cannot see APEX at all on my system.

Not sure what the issue is Smile Sad
Re: Apex installation problem [message #611646 is a reply to message #611645] Sat, 05 April 2014 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you - after installation ended - restart your database? If not, do it now.

Did you unlock APEX_PUBLIC_USER? Check its status with
select account_status 
from dba_users
where username = 'APEX_PUBLIC_USER';
If it is LOCKED, unlock it:
alter user apex_public_user account unlock;

Did you update the Images directory? If you don't do that, Apex won't work properly. How to do that:
SQL> @apxldimg c:\temp\

Verify Oracle XML DB HTTP server port:
SELECT DBMS_XDB.GETHTTPPORT FROM DUAL;
It should return port number (such as 8080).

Finally, in your browser, go to Apex homepage; URL looks like http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex (where 127.0.0.1 represents your PC, i.e. localhost and 8080 is HTTP server port returned by previous SELECT statement).

Any improvement?

[Updated on: Sat, 05 April 2014 12:53]

Re: Apex installation problem [message #611660 is a reply to message #611646] Sun, 06 April 2014 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
Littlefoot - Thanks a lot for your answers. Unfortunately, haven't had success. For today, I have not tried due to paucity of time.

The only thing that I looked into is:
select account_status 
from dba_users
where username = 'APEX_PUBLIC_USER';

Account status is set to expired.

One of these days, I will sit in the morning and then re-run the whole set up and see how it goes. I will follow instructions presented in Oracle manual as opposed to the site that I followed in the past. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Re: Apex installation problem [message #611661 is a reply to message #611660] Sun, 06 April 2014 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Any time I was installing Apex, I followed Installation Guide - no problem whatsoever.

However, a question - if I may: why are you installing 4.0? The most recent version is 4.2. I believe that you'd be happier with 4.2 than 4.0.

If you insist on 4.0, what database do you use? I know, 11.2 but - which one? Is it Express Edition, by any chance? If so, it already contains Apex 4.0 so you don't have to install anything.
Re: Apex installation problem [message #611662 is a reply to message #611661] Sun, 06 April 2014 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
Why am I installing 4.0?

Answer: Well, my intention to download APEX at first instance was to practice APEX as I lack web applications skill. I actually downloaded 4.0 sometime ago and thought of going with it as I had a ebook of Apress - Beginning APEX 4.0.

I have installed Oracle 11g Enterprise Edition (a long time ago).

You said: If so, it already contains Apex 4.0 so you don't have to install anything.

My question: So you mean to say in this case as APEX 4.0 is installed by default (which is what I see in my folder after 11g was installed - C:\app\Sandeep\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\apex), in your opinion, I just have to open a browser and then type the URL - http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex ; and then get going??

Is it that simple??

Just out of curiosity, I typed the URL and I see an APEX login screen but completely blank page. Is there anything wrong that I am doing?

Re: Apex installation problem [message #611663 is a reply to message #611662] Sun, 06 April 2014 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
In my experience, a blank page often means that you have messed up the path to your images.

You can try to fix it, but if I were you I would drop all the schemas and start again with a fresh download of the current Apex and then follow the installation guide from the beginning.

Re: Apex installation problem [message #611666 is a reply to message #611663] Sun, 06 April 2014 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I said Express edition, not Enterprise; it seems that you aren't quite sure which one you have.

As of a blank page, I agree with John - images are screwed up. Just to repeat what I already said: run
SQL> @apxldimg c:\temp\
Re: Apex installation problem [message #611699 is a reply to message #611666] Mon, 07 April 2014 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
Indeed - you did say express edition. I overestimated the power of enterprise edition then Smile

Anyways, I will try the solution presented and then let you know how it goes.
Re: Apex installation problem [message #611986 is a reply to message #611666] Thu, 10 April 2014 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
Ok.. I am back Littlefoot and John. Need help again. Sorry to be bothering you all. I am just trying to install APEX but running into issues, so I thought of uninstalling APEX and then do this process all over again. However uninstallating APEX too is causing errors even though towards the end,it did say that "Application Express Removed". Do you think uninstallion was successful or is it screwed up. If it is, what can I do to uninstall APEX and redo this process all over again?

Here's the error that I am encountering:

SQL> connect sys as sysdba
Enter password:
Connected.
SQL>
SQL> @apxremov.sql;
...Removing Application Express

Session altered.
begin
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04063: package body "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_UPGRADE" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called:
"APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_UPGRADE"
ORA-06512: at line 2

F
-

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
Session altered.

Session altered.

F
-

User dropped.

...Application Express Removed

** You must exit this SQL*Plus session before running apexins.sql **

Re: Apex installation problem [message #611997 is a reply to message #611986] Thu, 10 April 2014 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
Littlefoot and John - Voila... I got it.. I dropped the schema (as suggested by John) and assuming the above script (though it gave some errors) was bug free by ignoring it; I restarted the whole PC and then followed instructions as given by Oracle APEX manual from Oracle's website.. word to word, ran all the scripts and it took about 40 minutes to complete. Bug free.

Then ran http://sandeep-pc:8080/apex

The APEX webpage loaded successfully with all the images. Finally relieved.

Thanks a lot to both of you as you both guided me patiently. I don't think I could have done this without your help. Once again Thanks a lot. You both are genius. Now time to flip the "Beginning APEX 4.2" book by Apress and then learning APEX.

Cheers!
Re: Apex installation problem [message #612000 is a reply to message #611997] Thu, 10 April 2014 12:53 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Congratulations! I hope you'll enjoy Apex!
Previous Topic: Conditionally Setting background color in apex
Next Topic: oracle Apex query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:24:40 CDT 2024