Home » Other » Training & Certification » Study a Oracle Database Production Server (10.0)
Study a Oracle Database Production Server [message #610709] Sun, 23 March 2014 06:04 Go to next message
novoice_to_professional
If a senior tell me to Start to study A 10.0.4/10.0.2 Oracle Database Server and Report him to all about the given database, Where Can I start my Study and how can proceed to Report him/her about the production System Database?

I need a total direction to proceed.

Thanks in Advance to all of you.

@@RUSTY@@
Re: Study a Oracle Database Production Server [message #610712 is a reply to message #610709] Sun, 23 March 2014 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Start here: Oracle 10g R2 documentation. You'll see the "Getting started" section. Read Concepts first, then 2 Day DBA, then Administrator's Guide. These books should suffice to provide answers to mentioned senior.
Re: Study a Oracle Database Production Server [message #610829 is a reply to message #610712] Mon, 24 March 2014 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
novoice_to_professional
Thank You for your advice @Littlefoot. But I want to know the steps where should i start to study the database. Very frankly just basics one like the parameters, datafiles, controlfiles, etc... example if you hire as a database administrator how you start your work for the existing database server?

Thank you (@Littlefoot) again.

I am waiting for some post that clear my concept more clearly.

@@RUSTY@@
Re: Study a Oracle Database Production Server [message #610832 is a reply to message #610829] Tue, 25 March 2014 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Very frankly, basics are written in those documents.
Re: Study a Oracle Database Production Server [message #610842 is a reply to message #610829] Tue, 25 March 2014 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Quote:
But I want to know the steps where should i start to study the database. Very frankly just basics one like the parameters, datafiles, controlfiles, etc
Well, this is not a bad start. You have listed the items that will let you describe the memory structures and the physical structures that make up the Oracle server. A good beginning. When you've done that, you can look at the logical structure within the database.
Re: Study a Oracle Database Production Server [message #611025 is a reply to message #610842] Wed, 26 March 2014 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
novoice_to_professional
Thank You @Littlefoot and @John Watson.
all the suggestion is very appreciable and very useful for me. but Now I need to know all the extreme parameter list that I must know about that. Can you or anyone please help me to give me a parameter list that I must look those parameter like SGA_MAX_SIZE, SGA_TARGET, UNDO_RETENTION etc...

Thank you (@Littlefoot and @John Watson) again.

I am waiting for some post that clear my concept more clearly.

@@RUSTY@@
Re: Study a Oracle Database Production Server [message #611031 is a reply to message #611025] Thu, 27 March 2014 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I don't understand your problem. For instance, parameters. There are only three hundred (approx), so read the docs that describe them. It will take you only a couple of days. And of the three hundred, how many are actually set? You might want to research those in greater detail.

You mentioned datafiles and controlfile. Have you done any research on these?

Have you actually done anything yet?
Re: Study a Oracle Database Production Server [message #611101 is a reply to message #611031] Thu, 27 March 2014 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
novoice_to_professional
Hello @John Watson,
I know All those issue. But I was confirming that what parameter should I include in my report. There is lots of parameter you know that. sorry to give you hassle. Thank you all of your response.

@@RUSTY@@
Re: Study a Oracle Database Production Server [message #611106 is a reply to message #611101] Thu, 27 March 2014 12:51 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>Now I need to know all the extreme parameter list that I must know about that.
WRONG!
only 2 lines are required in pfile/spfile which are below
db_name=
control_files=
NO additional parameters are required.

You really should Read The Fine Manual (below)
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16655_01/server.121/e17633/toc.htm
Read the whole thing at least TWICE!
Previous Topic: Oracle University Official Courses
Next Topic: OCM 11g Certification query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:42:14 CDT 2024