Home » Other » Community Hangout » Need Old history files location (Red hat Linux 4 as)
Need Old history files location [message #591469] Mon, 29 July 2013 03:36 Go to next message
ramoradba
Hi All,
This is not an Oracle Question, But I just need some Link or URL for Best Linux forum or from any Linux expert from this forum.

I just need to query the overwritten lines from ".bash_history" contains/contents. from Server`s initial start-up time. IS it possible? if so please let me know or please give me any URL for best LINUX forum to get the answer.

Thanks
Sriram

[Updated on: Mon, 29 July 2013 03:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need Old history files location [message #591475 is a reply to message #591469] Mon, 29 July 2013 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
This is not an Oracle Question

So this is locked and as a senior you should even not post it.

Regards
Michel
Re: Need Old history files location [message #591479 is a reply to message #591475] Mon, 29 July 2013 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
I know that its not an Oracle Question,
Now I moved this topic to here {"Community Hangout"} Hope this is allowed now.

Sriram
Re: Need Old history files location [message #591499 is a reply to message #591479] Mon, 29 July 2013 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Michel Cadot wrote on Mon, 29 July 2013 09:25
Is Google broken for you?

Regards
Michel

Michel,
Could you please take some break, instead of answering this Question?
I know how to Google about a problem and I know very well about your replies here.

This forum may have some experts with some Good knowledge on Linux Administration.
& coming to your Question... Yes I goggled it before posting it here , & I did n`t get my question answered.
Being a senior member in this forum, this is not such a way to answer.
It will just increase your (no# of ) posts count nothing more than that.

This is not the first time for me, to face such answers from you in this forum ....
Very frustrated with your answers .... do whatever you want(can)... delete this topic ..lock this topic ..etc.

Good Bye !

Sriram

Re: Need Old history files location [message #591504 is a reply to message #591499] Mon, 29 July 2013 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
See what you did:
1/ You tried to force a question in a forum knowing this is a violation of our rules
2/ After I locked it, you moved the topic to "Community Hangout" to bypass our rules

Conclusion: you showed bad behaviour and do not deserve more than my sarcastic reply.

Regards
Michel
Re: Need Old history files location [message #591505 is a reply to message #591504] Mon, 29 July 2013 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Quote:
Very frustrated with your answers .... do whatever you want(can)... delete this topic ..lock this topic ..etc.

Good Bye !

Sriram
Re: Need Old history files location [message #591508 is a reply to message #591505] Mon, 29 July 2013 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Michel Cadot wrote on Mon, 29 July 2013 11:57
See what you did:
1/ You tried to force a question in a forum knowing this is a violation of our rules
2/ After I locked it, you moved the topic to "Community Hangout" to bypass our rules

Conclusion: you showed bad behaviour and do not deserve more than my sarcastic reply.

Regards
Michel

Re: Need Old history files location [message #591645 is a reply to message #591508] Tue, 30 July 2013 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
No offence folks, but, something's not good about all that discussion. Specially after somebody looks into this thread and come back here Michel's fan

Sriram - hope your goodbye is not for the forum!

Rules are rules, we all ought to follow them.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 July 2013 09:18]

Re: Need Old history files location [message #591656 is a reply to message #591645] Tue, 30 July 2013 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Lalit Kumar B wrote on Tue, 30 July 2013 13:03
No offence folks, but, something's not good about all that discussion. Specially after somebody looks into this thread and come back here Michel's fan

Sriram - hope your goodbye is not for the forum!

@ Lalit Kumar B,
First of ALL, I still respect his knowledge....But not his sarcastic replies.

Quote:
Agreed !
We are here to share the Knowledge.....
May be I was failed to get the results on Google search, but It does n`t mean that I directly posted here.
Being a senior a member & a moderator here in this forum, I know the rules & I know that this is n`t an Oracle Question(I posted it clearly on my original first message..But) I am looking for the history files to work a task of Oracle which was installed on the same machine.

Coming to the point, We are sharing birth of a baby,vacations so on etc...here in this "community hangout!"
This forum might have some experts like "John Watson & so many other folks" and might having some good knowledge (stuff) on Linux administration,I thought they can gimme some clues on it...so that I can work on them and learn something new.

I hate some of the messages from the members here like

"My car doesn't work.tell me how to make my car go."
"Is Google broken for you"

People come to forums to get help but not to get such negative replies....
Latest Ex: Need to delete my account

If he knows the answer, he can post the URL here or move the topic to any other suitable forum (if we don`t have any at least to community hangout).I know that forum Moderation is meant to control the unwanted/unsuitable messages.( Like "me too" posts) but not for sarcastic messages as a moderator !

As a moderator we are here to help the people and encourage them to learn new !.

But It seems Its an END now for me!

Thank you all ! Thanks for giving me an opportunity to learn something new.
I will definitely post an answer here for this Question, when I get it for sure and that will be my last contribution here.

Sriram Sanka

[Updated on: Tue, 30 July 2013 10:31]

Re: Need Old history files location [message #591713 is a reply to message #591656] Wed, 31 July 2013 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gazzag
I've never seen a forum anywhere that hasn't had someone upset with a moderator at some stage. It comes with the territory. Sriram may have mis-posted and, of course, he should accept forum rules, but he does make a couple of valid points. That last post wasn't a very mature response, Michel. Sometimes it's better to say nothing.
Re: Need Old history files location [message #591715 is a reply to message #591713] Wed, 31 July 2013 03:23 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You don't know the history of Sriram's posts this is why you can't understand my last answer (but Sriram did) and also my second answer above that Sriram feigned to not clearly understand (it's a nod to other moderator's post).

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Would you have invested?
Next Topic: My "Role model" in Oracle community
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:26:42 CDT 2024