Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » PDF Printing with FOP/Apache Tomcat/J4LFOPServer in windows (Apex 4.2, J4LFOPServer, pdf,)
PDF Printing with FOP/Apache Tomcat/J4LFOPServer in windows [message #572687] Sun, 16 December 2012 00:22 Go to next message
BBMamun
Hi everyone,

I have been learning to create pdf report with Apex 4.2 and BI Publisher 10 which I have been successful with. Now I like to learn how to create pdf reports using FOP thinking of the customers who will not spend money on BI Publisher. I have gone through the documents and procedures described in Java 4 Less. http://www.java4less.com/apache/fop.php and http://www.java4less.com/fopdesigner/fodesigner.php?info=apex. Configured Apex instance setting accordingly.

For default layout a tabular pdf report is created. I have created an xsl-fo file named Formatted_report.fo on same query and xml file from report query with Oracle BI Desktop. But when I try to print a formatted output with Formatted_report.fo report layout it does not work(J4LFOPServer ). but same layout with .rtf template works fine (BI Publisher Print Server).

Please help

Hasan Al Mamun
Programmer/Assistant Systems Analyst
Bangladesh Bank
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Re: PDF Printing with FOP/Apache Tomcat/J4LFOPServer in windows [message #572697 is a reply to message #572687] Sun, 16 December 2012 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know about your choice, but - when I tested the same (i.e. running a free report), I used iReport and Dietmar Aust's Jasper Reports Integration. Everything worked just fine.
Re: PDF Printing with FOP/Apache Tomcat/J4LFOPServer in windows [message #573046 is a reply to message #572697] Thu, 20 December 2012 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BBMamun
Thanks for the Links, I will try them. Meanwhile I like to know why J4LFOPServer is not working as they said in their website. If possible please share experience of successful pdf report printing in Apex with J4LFOPServer
Re: PDF Printing with FOP/Apache Tomcat/J4LFOPServer in windows [message #573047 is a reply to message #573046] Thu, 20 December 2012 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As I said, I have no idea; I never used that product. However, at the bottom of the page is a note for you, sayingQuote:

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions about the usage of J4L FO Designer in Oracle Application Express.

So, did you contact them?
Re: PDF Printing with FOP/Apache Tomcat/J4LFOPServer in windows [message #597524 is a reply to message #573047] Sat, 05 October 2013 08:16 Go to previous message
jon001
you see how to debug the Apex print request in this link:

http://www.java4less.com/apache/fop.php?info=faq#debug

that will help you identifying the problem. Furthermore is you are a registered user, you will support from them
Previous Topic: Apex Form
Next Topic: Passing Values From One page to other
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:26:17 CDT 2024