Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Is there a way to define a DB connection URL for two different SID names in a single URL? (Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production)
Is there a way to define a DB connection URL for two different SID names in a single URL? [message #549725] Tue, 03 April 2012 05:50 Go to next message
alperozdamar
Hello,

As you see in the following MY_DB_URL there are two hosts for one SID. This is works perfectly for oracle driver. When one of them is gone down, connection establishes with the other.

MY_DB_URL = jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=xx.xx.104.18)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=xx.xx.104.19)(PORT= 1521))(FAILOVER=true)(LOAD_BALANCE=false)(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SID=SIDNAME_1)))

But i have a problem. Our partner uses Golden Gate product, and they said that they must install two different oracle with two different SID names. (For Example one of them is SIDNAME_1 the other is SIDNAME_2) So i can't use this URL in my application.

Is there a way to define a DB connection URL for two different SID names in a single URL???

Best Regards,

Alper Ozdamar

Ankara-Istanbul
Argela Technologies

[Updated on: Tue, 03 April 2012 05:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is there a way to define a DB connection URL for two different SID names in a single URL? [message #549728 is a reply to message #549725] Tue, 03 April 2012 06:11 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Do not use SID but SERVICE_NAME and use the same service for both instances.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: RAC on Amazon EC2
Next Topic: DNS response time for RAC nodes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:27:59 CDT 2024