Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Global cache Average CR get time (Oracle10G SE on linux)
Global cache Average CR get time [message #546044] Sun, 04 March 2012 23:05 Go to next message
gauravsrivastava
Hi Team,

from last two weeks we are receiving rhe below database alert on our second NODE (RAC ENV).

Global cache Average CR get time " is at .61789
Threshold is set on >.5 (M.Second).

Request you to please help me to figure this out because i really dont know the nature of this alert.

Please suggest me what value i can set for the warning threshold.

Thanks
Gaurav
Re: Global cache Average CR get time [message #546063 is a reply to message #546044] Mon, 05 March 2012 01:51 Go to previous message
John Watson
I assume you are talking about the metric "Avg global cache cr block receive time (ms)" as reported in a statspack report? If so, why do you think the result is a problem? There is no "good" or "bad" for these metrics, if you want to monitor them you must set whatever you feel is appropriate to warn you of problems. Just looking a couple of old reports, I have values of 0.8 and 2.0 on databases which were fine.
Previous Topic: installing / configuring real application cluster using NFS instead of ASM
Next Topic: multiple Oracle home machine on two node RAC ENV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:12:48 CDT 2024