Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » How do I pass arguments between pages (Apex 4)
How do I pass arguments between pages [message #533837] Thu, 01 December 2011 08:29 Go to next message
bharathwaj
Hello Experts,

I created an application using apex. I've two tables
table1 = project details
table2 = Funding details
PK FK = project number

I created two pages where page 1 contains project details, page2 contains funding details. Now what am trying is, When i click on project number on page1 it will navigate to page2 and show the funding details with respect to project number which I clicked.

But, some where my logic is not working, when i click on project number it is navigation to page2 and showing the whole data. (fund details of all projects)

Can any one help me??

Thanks,
B
Re: How do I pass arguments between pages [message #533854 is a reply to message #533837] Thu, 01 December 2011 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BBMamun
Hi, is your DML Page on table2 = Funding details built using wizard? if so then it should contain an ARF process at page rendering part. The beauty of ARF process is, it populates all the items of the page with corresponding database column value if you can populate the PK Item with PK Column value at page rendering.

How to do it?

In your funding detail report make a link and specify your required DML page (Say page 4), specify set item (say P4_DEPTNO), and with value (say #DEPTNO#). It should work fine.

Regards

Hasan Al Mamun

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2011 08:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I pass arguments between pages [message #534033 is a reply to message #533854] Fri, 02 December 2011 05:53 Go to previous message
bharathwaj
Thanks you! it works!
Previous Topic: ORA-01403: no data found
Next Topic: ORA-06550: line 1, column 43: PL/SQL: ORA-00928: missing SELECT keyword
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:04:12 CDT 2024