Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Listener Problems (Oracle 9i, Windows XP)
Listener Problems [message #380893] Tue, 13 January 2009 18:25 Go to next message
tdblopes
Hi...

Sorry for my english... Razz

I'm with some problems with my listener service.
Few days ago, it didn't start automatically with Windows inicialization. When I try to connect to my db, in SQL Plus, ORA-12541 appears telling that there is no listener active.
Well, then I tryied to start the service in Service console of Windows, clicking on "play" button on that.
The message "Windows could not start the service, it couldn't locate the path specificated". But, when I go to ...\oracle\ora92\bin\ the .EXE is already there...!
My plan B was uninstall the service by DOS command line.
I put c:\oracle\ora92\bin\tnslsnr.exe -uninstall
Again, other problem happened... the dos screen stay in freezing... and the service it doesn't uninstalled...
Then, I've tried to install, putting -install at the end of the command line... The same problem above happen again.
My last action was in the NetCa.
I tried to delete, reconfigure, rename, install again... and nothing works... and I stay with my db out...

I've tried to start the listener in lsnrctl command line, it doesn't work too... "no such process"

It's important to say that the service stays in Services console as a non initializated process, even after all actions described above

Could someone helpme with this issue giving any tip that could help me??

I'll appreciate that... thankx a lot...

[Updated on: Wed, 14 January 2009 05:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Listener Problems [message #381090 is a reply to message #380893] Thu, 15 January 2009 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Hello,

Try this.

1/ Delete your LISTENER (using Oracle Net Configuration Asst)

2/ Re-Start your OS

3/ Try to create new LISTENER (using Oracle Net Configuration Asst)

Thank you in advance.

Babu
Re: Listener Problems [message #381208 is a reply to message #381090] Thu, 15 January 2009 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tdblopes
Nothing.... Sad

but, thanks for help anyway
Re: Listener Problems [message #381303 is a reply to message #381208] Fri, 16 January 2009 03:49 Go to previous message
babuknb

Oh God. Sad

Please explain me; Have you re-started your OS after deleting your listener??

If yes; Check in windows services (services.msc) listener service available or NOT.

If there is NO listener service then only try to create new listener.

Best of luck..

Babu

Previous Topic: What does Reload do in Lsnrctl
Next Topic: TNS-12518 and patch application (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:10:32 CDT 2024