Home » Server Options » Replication » Suspend the master site form multi master replication (Oracle 9i, HP-ux)
Suspend the master site form multi master replication [message #348282] Tue, 16 September 2008 05:35 Go to next message
sanei05
I want to remove the master site which is in the multi master replication environment.

I have a doubt here. When I try to suspend the master activity,I need to give the gname.

please find the below script

BEGIN
DBMS_REPCAT.SUSPEND_MASTER_ACTIVITY (
gname => 'NAGADMIN');
END;
/

Where gname=master group name.But I have 9 master groups in my database. Can anyone tell me whether if i give one of the gname present in the master site will suspend the replication of the entire database from the replication.

eg; i am only giving NAGADMIN gname in the suspend activity script..
I have other gnames like, NAGUSER,NAGAUTH, etc....
Re: Suspend the master site form multi master replication [message #348834 is a reply to message #348282] Thu, 18 September 2008 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

BEGIN
DBMS_REPCAT.SUSPEND_MASTER_ACTIVITY (
gname => 'NAGADMIN');
END;
/

Where gname=master group name.But I have 9 master groups in my database. 
Can anyone tell me whether if i give one of the gname present in the master site will suspend the replication of the entire database from the replication.

eg; i am only giving NAGADMIN gname in the suspend activity script.. 
I have other gnames like, NAGUSER,NAGAUTH, etc.... 

If more then one group having in master site then if you want suspend from master site you need suspend one by one.

Once suspend from master site. Data Transfer it won't
happen between master and materialized view site in your database.

Babu

[Updated on: Thu, 18 September 2008 01:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Suspend the master site form multi master replication [message #348859 is a reply to message #348834] Thu, 18 September 2008 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanei05
please help me on the following queries too.

1)Is it possible to suspend the replication from the master site or we have to suspend the replication from master definition site.

2)Please have the same scenario as what I have gave in the initial but in the master definition site and not in the master site.
Re: Suspend the master site form multi master replication [message #348882 is a reply to message #348859] Thu, 18 September 2008 03:51 Go to previous message
babuknb

1. Master Site only.

Babu
Previous Topic: Multi Master Replication
Next Topic: Oracle replication between different oracle versions?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:02:38 CDT 2024