Home » Server Options » Spatial » Spatial index on a table with partitions (Oracle 10g)
icon5.gif  Spatial index on a table with partitions [message #348137] Mon, 15 September 2008 14:35 Go to next message
tlopes@fargeo.com
Hello,
I am pretty new to Oracle and have had an issue pop up. I was able to solve it but I am wondering what the issue really is so I can have a better understanding of how Oracle works.
I am trying to run a spatial index on a table which contains partitions, here is the code I was running.

CREATE INDEX "xxx_ADMIN"."CODED_PART_CODE_SIDX" ON "xxx_ADMIN"."CODED_PART_CODE" ("GEOMETRY")
INDEXTYPE IS "MDSYS"."SPATIAL_INDEX" LOCAL (
PARTITION "PART_v1234" PARAMETERS ('tablespace=xxx_coded_part_code sdo_rtr_pctfree=0 pctincrease=0 layer_gtype=POINT'),
PARTITION "PART_v2345" PARAMETERS ('tablespace=xxx_coded_part_code sdo_rtr_pctfree=0 pctincrease=0 layer_gtype=POINT'),
PARTITION "PART_v3456" PARAMETERS ('tablespace=xxx_coded_part_code sdo_rtr_pctfree=0 pctincrease=0 layer_gtype=POINT'),
PARTITION "PART_OTHER" PARAMETERS ('tablespace=xxx_coded_part_code sdo_rtr_pctfree=0 pctincrease=0 layer_gtype=POINT')) ;
commit;

This never seems to work but when I change the name of the partitions to start with a 'V' instead of a 'v' (PART_v1234 becomes PART_V1234) everthng works just fine. It seems to work just fine if you put ANY upper case letter in this place.
Any idea why this happens?
Any help would be appreciated,
Tom
Re: Spatial index on a table with partitions [message #352178 is a reply to message #348137] Mon, 06 October 2008 09:00 Go to previous message
anil_mk

Hi Tom,

Which version of Oracle you are using?
As i guess you are using the Oracle 11g which is Case Sensitive, So you have faced that problem.

Regards,
Anil MK
Previous Topic: SDO_GEOMETRY & ODP.NET
Next Topic: Spatial Cartridge in oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:08:44 CDT 2024