Home » RDBMS Server » Security » scott /tiger cant see system tables/cant create another user (Oracle 9.2.0.1.0,Windows XP)
scott /tiger cant see system tables/cant create another user [message #314851] Fri, 18 April 2008 01:03 Go to next message
oracle_me
Hi ,
Currently I am using schema scott/tiger to work in my local database.
I wanted to create another schema after having logged into scott.
However it says does not have permissions.

Also using scott I am not able to view any system tables/session info /v$ views etc
Can you please tell me how to empower the user scott so that I can create another user in my local db or what best is the alternate solution.

Re: scott /tiger cant see system tables/cant create another user [message #314866 is a reply to message #314851] Fri, 18 April 2008 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
How is this a SQL expert question?

It is clearly stated in the forum description: "Newbies should not post to this forum!"
Expert notion is defined in the sticky: Not an EXPERT? Post in the NEWBIES forum, NOT here
Rules are described in: OraFAQ Forum Guide
Read them, follow them.

As you are an expert, I don't answer the question because you obviously already knows it.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 18 April 2008 01:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: scott /tiger cant see system tables/cant create another user [message #314867 is a reply to message #314851] Fri, 18 April 2008 01:33 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Check the OraFAQ Forum Guide; in there you'll find links to useful sites. One of them is Oracle documentation - visit the site and search for CREATE USER SQL statement. It will show you which privileges are necessary for a user to be able to create another user.

Furthermore, in order to view system views, user has to be granted required privileges. Which ones? See in the documentation (search for V$ VIEWS).

Finally, "creating users", "privileges", "grants" and "roles" do not belong to SQL Experts forum as they don't require advanced SQL knowledge; these are "security" terms.
Previous Topic: insufficient privelege
Next Topic: Cannot login as sysdba
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:32:45 CDT 2024